NOTE: This story is NO LONGER current. For an updated list of closings, cancellations and delays due to the winter stom expected to his the area on February 11, visit:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - As the effects of the winter storm persist through the Carolinas, here is a list of cancellations, delays, and closings due to the weather.
SCHOOL CLOSINGS FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 31
-According to a school official: "Due to water pressure problems in the City of Andrews, school is canceled today, Friday, January 31, at Andrews Elementary, Rosemary Middle and Andrews High schools. Buses will be running on a two-hour delay, picking up children who are already at the bus stop and have no one at home to watch over them. The children who are at already at school or who are picked up on the buses, will be taken care of at the schools. Afternoon buses will leave the schools beginning at noon. Employees report at 9:30 a.m."
- Bridgewater Academy will be on a 2 hour delay on Friday January 31, 2014. All Faculty members are asked to report to work at 9:30 AM.
- Central United Methodist Church Preschool in Florence will be open on Friday, January 31, 2014. It was previously reported that it is closed, but a school official issued a correction.
- Coastal Carolina University will return to normal operations Friday, Jan. 31. Please use caution traveling to and around campus. Liberal leave will be authorized for faculty and staff who are concerned about safe travel. Students who are concerned about safe travel should contact their professors and arrange to make up class work.
- All Darlington County School District Schools will operate on a 2-hour delay Friday.
- Dillon Christian School will close on Friday, January 31.
- In Dillon School District Three, there will be no school for students or staff on Friday.
- There will be no school or school activities in Dillon School District Four on Friday.
- Faith Christian Academy in Florence will open on regular schedule on Friday.
- First Baptist Child Development Center in North Myrtle Beach will be closed Friday, January 31.
- Florence County School District One will operate on a two-hour delay on Friday. "Buses will run two hours later than normal on Friday," district officials stated. "All Florence One employees will report to work at the regular time on Friday. All schools buildings will be open at 7:00 a.m. so that parents who need to drop off their children at the regular time may do so. Breakfast will be served at all schools on Friday."
- Florence County School District Two will operate on a two-hour delay Friday due to the inclement weather.
- Florence County School District Three will operate on a two-hour delay for students and staff on Friday.
- "Florence County School District Four schools will have a 2 hour delay for students on Friday, January 31, 2014 and ALL STAFF will report at normal work hour," district officials stated.
- Florence County School District Five will operate under a 2-hour delay Friday morning for students and staff.
- The Florence Family YMCA Preschool Program will open at its normal time on Friday morning, Jan. 31.
- On Friday, January 31, Georgetown County School District will open with a two-hour delay for students. Buses will run two hours later than normal, and classes will begin two hours later than normal. Employees will report to work one hour later than normal. All after-school activities will be on a normal schedule.
- Horry County public schools will be closed Friday, January 31, district officials confirmed. All Horry County Schools' district and school employees who work 220 days or more are asked to report to work by 10 a.m., unless road conditions prevent safe travel, stated HCS spokeswoman Teal Britton.
- Horry Georgetown Technical College will resume regular operations starting at 8 a.m. on Friday, according to a school spokeswoman.
- Maranatha Christian School and childcare will operate on a two hour delay on Friday, January 31st. Both the school and childcare will open at 10 a.m.
- "Marion County Schools will be closed to students; all staff are to report on a 2 hour delay," officials stated.
- Marlboro County School District has canceled school for students and staff for Friday, January 31, 2014. They will resume our normal operating schedule on Monday, February 3, 2014.
- Miller-Motte Technical College will be closed for students on Friday, January 31. Staff should report at 10am. Graduation ceremonies will be held as planned Friday evening.
- Ocean View Baptist Teaching Learning Center will be closed on Friday, January 31.
- On Friday, January 31st, The Public Schools of Robeson County will have an optional teacher workday with a two hour delay for all staff. No school for students.
- St. Michael Catholic School in Murrells Inlet will be on a 2-hour delay Friday, January 31.
- Thomas Hart Academy in Hartsville will operate on a 2-hour delay Friday. Staff are to report at the usual time if safely able to do so.
GOVERNMENT OFFICE/SERVICE CLOSINGS FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 31
- City of Darlington offices will operate on a normal schedule Friday.
- Coast RTA officials expect to resume normal service starting at 10 a.m. Friday.
EVENT/CENTER/OTHER CLOSINGS FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 31
- Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs Administrative Staff (to include Service Coordinators and Early Intervention), Conway & Loris Adult Development Center Staff, and The New Horizons HASCI Center Staff are to report to work at 10 a.m. (or when you can do so safely) on Friday, January 31st. Regular Program Hours will resume on Monday, February 3rd.
-Here is a list of high school basketball game cancellations and postponements for Friday: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24595891/fridays-hs-game-cancellationspostponements
Check back often for more cancellations, delays, and closings as we get information about them.
Copyright 2014. WMBF News. All rights reserved.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Home • Deals • Product Test • Consumer Alerts • Health • Career • Family
Pets • Tech • Your Home • Food • Ask Our Experts • About Us • Media