Are your home grown veggies as safe as you think? - AmericaNowNews.com

Safety

Are your home grown veggies as safe as you think?

Do you grow your own vegetables at home? The soil you are using could be contaminated with toxic lead and what's in the soil could end up in your food and your body.

Old lead paint and residue from years of leaded gasoline emissions have poisoned the soil in cities and town nationwide.

When lead ends up in the food we eat it could be a recipe for disaster. Elevated levels of lead can cause brain damage, heart problems and learning disabilities.  

Experts say you should put mulch down to help protect the soil and always male sure to wash your produce withe a mixture of distilled white vinegar and water.

Copyright 2014 America Now. All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Physicians warn against giving melatonin to children

    Physicians warn against giving melatonin to children

    Parents desperate to get their troubled sleepers to bed are turning to synthetic melatonin, which is a supplement sold over the counter. But expert warn it could have adverse effects on child development.
    Many adults turn to sleep aids like melatonin, but now more parents are giving them to their kids, too. We talked to physicians to see what they had to say about how it could affect your child's development.
  • Pets

    Have you been duped by a fake service dog?

    Have you been duped by a fake service dog?

    Tuesday, August 26 2014 5:00 AM EDT2014-08-26 09:00:36 GMT
    Service dogs come in all shapes, sizes and breeds. They help the disabled live an independent life.
    Service dogs come in all shapes, sizes and breeds. They help the disabled live an independent life. Most of us have seen one wearing a special vest, collar or harness. What you may not realize is that some of these dogs are actually wearing a bogus badge and are not service dogs at all.
  • Six deadly foods for dogs

    Six deadly foods for dogs

    Every pet owner knows a dog can get into just about anything around the house. One woman found that out the hard way when her dog ate a bunch of grapes! Turns out, that's one of the most dangerous foods
    Every pet owner knows a dog can get into just about anything around the house. But these common snacks could be fatal for Fido.
Powered by WorldNow